Friday, January 04, 2019

Filling in the Gaps with Swift

They say the best way to learn is to teach.

Well, despite having dabbled in Swift for 4.5 years, I don't think I'm quite ready to teach it, nevertheless I don't suppose it would do anyone any harm to watch over my shoulder as I attempt to wrap my own head around it.

I doubt that I'll entirely devote this blog to that purpose, but you can expect to see such posts begin to appear, directly.

For now, here's a link to an article by the amazingly prolific Paul Hudson, Hacking with Swift: Glossary of Swift Common Terms. This article contains a few breezy, imprecise definitions, but they're mostly of a nature that won't be relevant as you're just setting out to learn the language. Just be aware that there'll be more detail to learn as you advance.

No comments: