Friday, June 19, 2009

contextual succession shock

After the discussion with P.W. Singer, I set to work on a much delayed programming project, with some progress to show for it at this point, but not without a week or so of fairly serious disorientation, as I basically forced myself to switch modes.

Frankly, while programming is something that comes pretty easy for me, the tuning out of most else doesn't, and I have to take frequent breaks from that, so progress comes in fits and starts, as I'm able to concentrate on the task at hand.

I gather there's something quite interesting and both hopeful and disturbing happening in Iran, but I really don't understand it, how it sorts out into sides with differing agendas. Nevertheless, I hope for a peaceful resolution that at least a majority of Iranians would term just, and that the rest can live with until the next election.

Peace be with you, all of my misguided brethren; the sun will rise again tomorrow, whether we can see it or not.

No comments: